Thursday, 2024-03-28, 9:17 PM
Welcome Guest
Main

Registration

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Off Topic » Anything u want to talk about non related to Luna » Death popularity (Celebrity deaths increase sales.)
Death popularity
Does death raise popularity?
1.It does increase popularity[ 3 ][50.00%]
2.Not it does not[ 0 ][0.00%]
3.It just shows how much people care[ 2 ][33.33%]
4.Question is too tense[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.Fudge is good[ 1 ][16.67%]
Answers total: 6
BaebelDate: Monday, 2009-07-20, 7:15 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Friends
Sorry if this thread is treading on shallow waters but, it feels odd that there is a chance of this being true. Using Micheal's death as an example, his sales sky rocketed to the highest they have ever been after he died. This proves evident as well for past famous artists who were not truly realized until after their passing.

Open for discussion =3

Note - Do not use this as any flaming, hate, etc towards others please. This is not to solely target any celebrity, rather the ideal in general.

Message edited by Baebel - Monday, 2009-07-20, 7:20 AM

EvelDate: Monday, 2009-07-20, 7:27 AM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Users
i think it increases popularity momentarily, by a LOT.. and then as time goes by youre forgotten since youre not around to advertise your stuff and youre being replaced by a new generation of musicians, art creators, or whatnot. if you truly were a genius however, like van gogh, youll never be forgotten ;o! also, if you were a good person in character, family and friends are never ought to forget you and will still try to keep your stuff out there in the market ;o if you were very hot, youll probably always make it to posters for teenagers of the opposite sex o.o especially if you were some hottt girl
in conclusion, death will make people think of you more, if only momentarily!

MirajaneDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 4:27 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
i hate too say it but ppl are bastards ive seen like 10 ppl with michal jackson related names and making fun of him and shiit and as for his sales sky rocketing after his death might have too do with everyone started too listen too him again prolly and mabe didnt have his record anymore etc but its true that some artist didnt become legends until after their death look at tupac changes one of his biggest hits wasnt releast until after his death and i think both elvis and hendrix tupac have sold more after their deaths then they did alive and ppl ride on their fame too become something dunno how many rappers dissed tupac after hiis death just too become famouse and already famous rappers they remixed his songs and used his beat and stuff and elvis is the same hendrix i dunno soo much about though

CeilidhDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 9:28 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
I dunno. I try not to get too involved with the whole celebrity craziness... mostly, I try to keep in mind that they're just regular people with unusual jobs. So when a celebrity that I admire dies, It makes me a little nostalgic and I might buy a copy of a movie that they were in or a magazine or something. But when a musician dies, I guess it depends on how much their music soundtracked my life...

When I found out that Elvis was dead, I was heartbroken. I remember learning of River Phoenix's overdose and being sad. After Kurt Cobain's suicide, I was angry and upset for weeks. And yet somehow Michael Jackson's death impacted me more than these. I wouldn't say, however, that I liked him more or found him more interesting after his death. I also wouldn't say that he's my favorite musician, cause he's not. I think it's just that he soundtracked such a significant portion of my life. His videos were some of the first that I ever saw on MTV... and I would try and watch them over and over again. And when a new video came out, watch out! Man, it was an event. They had like this whole night where they were teasing you about it. And you knew that if you didn't watch the premiere that you would likely never see the entire video again because of censorship or what have you. This was way before the internet and youtube. lol.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think that death exactly makes a celebrity more popular... maybe it's just that people are suddenly reminded of how much influence some of them had on us... or we're nostalgic for that time in our lives when we listened to them or watched them or whatever.

MirajaneDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 1:48 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Quote (Ceilidh)
Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think that death exactly makes a celebrity more popular... maybe it's just that people are suddenly reminded of how much influence some of them had on us... or we're nostalgic for that time in our lives when we listened to them or watched them or whatever.

ai that was wut i was trying too say im not soo good with words soo it didnt come out quite right and michal jackson practacly made mtv soo theres no wonder hes ur first xP

Forum » Off Topic » Anything u want to talk about non related to Luna » Death popularity (Celebrity deaths increase sales.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!